Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ding Dong

“Ding Dong”
I woke up from a very deep slumber when I heard the door bell. It rang once and I was not completely sure if it had rung at all. Perhaps I dreamed of it. I looked down at my tummy where the forgotten story book laid. My left arm was numb from dangling behind my head and my right arm casually resting on the book. I blinked when I felt the corner of my mouth wet.
“Oh gross!!” I quickly set up, ignoring the slight ache at the back of my neck. Just as I was about to stand, I heard it again.
“Ding Dong”
I froze in mid stand, “Oh Gosh! Someone IS at the door!” I quickly dashed over to the dining room where mom kept a small mirror over the sink. I checked my reflection and frown when I saw the aftermath of my drool. I quickly washed my mouth and wiped it clean. Adjusted my hair and rushed to the door. I stopped halfway to pick up my glasses.
“Ding Dong”
“Geezz I am coming” I said to myself but I’m sure the “person” couldn’t hear me. As I walked pass the window I notice it was pouring heavily outside. Just as I reached for the door knob the lights went off. I gasped loudly but didn’t move forward to turn the knob. Something told me to give it another ring before I decide if I should open the door. The house is completely dark and silent. The humming from the old refrigerator had stopped.
I waited and was actually debating if I should look through the peephole. I finally stood on my toes and took a deep shaky breath before leaning to look in. It was pointless, outside it was completely dark. I can’t even make out if there is anyone standing in front the door.
“Of course the porch light is out too…genius “
I lean in and put my ear on the door and waited, listening to any movements outside. “Should I call out?” I wondered.
I nearly screamed when the door was banged on instead of the “Ding Dong” I was expecting.
Just as I was about to ask who it was, I heard heavy footstep retreating.
“Should I call out or should I just open the door?” I asked myself. Is it safe ? I’m alone at home after all.
But I decided to just leave it be and go look for torchlight. Besides if the “person” was someone I know and desperate they would have tried calling my name. But before I turned to leave, I once again pressed my ear to the door. Just in case I hear em coming back. I lower my breath and strain my ear to listen. It was quite difficult to hear anything aside the rain pour.
“Oh well” I said and just as I was about to push myself from the door, when I felt a large hand pressed against my head, pressing my head back to the door. Hard.
My heart skipped a beat and I was frozen shocked. I felt the hand loosen it’s grip on my head. I opened my mouth to scream but chocked when the hand gripped my neck instead. Squeezing it hard. My eyes started to water and I being to gasp from lack of oxygen. A sharp pain to the back of my head was all I felt before I hit the floor.

4 comments:

As the Mind Meanders said...

Not bad at all... I am going to read more... Cheers...

Lidia Inda said...

interesting Blog...I like it....I'll come to you regularly.pls vi $it me back...$ending $mile to you...have a nice week

Deviki @ Viki said...

thank you very much you all "blush and hides behind curtain" LOL

ZB said...

was wondering what is that CAT thing following me wherever my cursor went.

Humm so you fell from the cot? hehe, interesting story.Loved it.:)