Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I’m just an invisible ugly follower.

“Do you mind! I’m busy!” Ana snapped at me, her angry brown eyes narrowed and her cute nose flaring a little.
“Whoa! Gosh- I’m sorry Madam!” I said jokingly, holding both my hands up in surrender. Ana didn’t reply but kept her glare at me. And I knew she was serious. I should know better. Suddenly Ana snapped her head around at the sound of the library door opening.
I watched her, then the door. A short girl with long curly hair walked in through the door, barely looking at our way. When I looked back at Ana, she was already back on doodling her magazine. I notice she do that every time she is anxious about something.
“Is she expecting someone? Naah! She always tells me everything-so that must no be it”. I thought as I pulled out my drawing pad from my bag. Ana is like my sister, although many people would disagree with that. Well not because how differently we look but more on how she treats me.
Well most people would say, what we have is more of a leader-follower relationship. Ana being the pretty and famous leader and I am the invisible ugly follower. A missed matched pair, but I know we are so much more than that. We are sisters. Really!. But people tell me Ana don’t treat me right, that she is bossy and sometimes abusive. Oh no ! Not that type of abuse but more of the demanding and bitchy type. But despite what people tell about us, I know deep down she never means any of it. She only acts like that at school but when we are alone, she is a teddy.
I glanced at Ana who was furiously sketching a big moustache on a Nivea model’s face. Hey eyes looks determined and her tongue slightly poking out at the corner of her mouth. Aw isn’t that cute! Now that’s the face she puts on whenever we are alone, away from the prying eyes.
I turned my body towards her, my back resting against the wall. This way she can’t see what I’m drawing. Oh yeah I love Ana dearly but every girl has a secret. Besides Ana would probably laugh at my face if she knew. I’m after all her invisible ugly follower.
I didn’t know how long I sat there sketching away on my pad. But I’m almost done with it. Actually the only reason I’m even drawing at school is because I want to capture everything. I peeked at Ana, she had long “destroyed” the model’s face and was now coating her long fingernails with her latest color. Electric Blue.
Sometimes I didn’t know how she manages to sneak in her nail polish better yet why she paints her nails at the library. I’m not trying to make her look bad, but she hardly touches any books better yet even reads any.
Again it got me wondering, just why is she here today?.
I quickly looked at my watch. It flashed 3.30pm. I quickly made myself comfortable in my chair, flipped a new page on my drawing pad and waited. Eyes eagerly watching the library door.
A tall and heavenly looking man of my dreams walked in. His dark brown hair shining under the library’s fluorescent light making him stand out from the rest of the people standing near by. He stood at the entrance as he casually ran his long fingers through his dark hair. My heart skipped a beat at the simple gesture. I watched him look around as if searching for someone, slowing resting his left hand on his slim hip in the process. A sexy stand that never failed to make me restless at night. I watched cautiously as he looked around again, his beautiful eyes narrowed in concentration until it stopped sharply at my direction. He turned his body and slowly made his way, I swear I nearly fell off my chair from choking on the tip of my pencil.
“Hey !! So how do I look? Gosh I hope he notices my new nail polish- it SO brings out the color of my eyes” I barely registered Ana talking to me. Actually I kind of momentarily forgot she was there. Before I could say anything in return, Ana turned away from me, quickly stood up and pulled on her short skirt. Then casually flings her light hair off her shoulders. She stopped and turned around, her face grinning as she held two thumbs up at me. My heart was pounding hard in my chest, as I watched her turn and walk slowly towards my gorgeous prince. I was desperately hoping they are not walking towards each other, but deep down I already knew.
I watched in disbelieve as they talked – NO! Flirt with each other. Suddenly Ana stood on the tip of her toes to lean in for a kiss. I couldn’t see the rest of the kiss as my eyes filled up with tears blurring my vision. When I blinked away the tears, my eyes instantly burned the image of them kissing passionately onto my brain. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces and the urge to cry was getting stronger by the second. I quickly shut my eyes tightly as if that would lessen the huge swell rapidly building up in my throat. I pushed the heel of my palm onto my eyes and quickly wiped away any traces of tears on my face before looking up again.
They were holding each other by the waist, staring lovingly at each other’s eyes. Ana turned to look at me and I quickly held a two thumbs up. I dare turn my eyes on my prin- NO !! Ana’s boyfriend and was not surprised that he didn’t even notice I was there. Oh well that’s why they say…I’m invisible. Nobody sees me. Not even when I’m crying out in pain.
Well I’m happy for my best friend, who am I kidding? they are perfect as a couple. Look at them it’s like a match made in heaven. What was I even thinking? I should have my mouth shoved with chili paste for even thinking about him. After all I’m just her invisible ugly follower.

3 comments:

alom_doank said...

thanks for yout visiting in my blog,nice blog and thanks!!!

Kim A said...

I love the story, but when posting make sure to edit and proofread before hitting submit. I found several grammatical and spelling errors. Also watch which tense you're using.

Ex: "I notice she do that every time she is anxious about something." // "do" should be "does"

Ex: "Ana snapped at me, her angry brown eyes narrowed and her cute nose flaring a little." // "Snapped" and "narrowed" are past tense, but "flaring" doesn't fit. It should have been "flared".

Like I said you have a really great base to work with. Remember that excellent editing and proofreading go a long way toward showing credibility.

Overall Great Job!

Kim A said...

Hey no prob and thanks for stopping by my site.