Monday, April 25, 2011

My beautiful inspiration

My beautiful inspiration

Story written by : ME and only me !!!

Started: April 20, 2011

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It was very warm that day and I decided to step out of my 3 year old rented apartment. That’s when I saw her.

My beautiful inspiration………

I looked down at my sketching and saw nothing, just lines of ….nonentity. I hate that I can’t think of anything to kick start my comic. The last one had been a disaster….. Harsh critics …..They nearly killed me. Heck! I think I’m already dead now.

I just need an inspiration…… even a tiny bit will do. Talking to my girlfriend? …I mean my ex-girlfriend is so out of question. Another reason why I’m still stuck … right now I just want to blame everything on her. I know it’s not right, but I just don’t care.

I need something fresh, something unexpected, something …..arrrghhh who am I kidding, I’m a gonner. Phone’s been ringing non stop for days. Editors are like vultures waiting to peck, the moment you throw in the towel. For someone who was at the top of the world, I’m now looking at nothing but the dirt in between my toes.

Yeah that’s me alright !!! The dirty dirt seeker. Ah- maybe if I write about my pathetic self I might get something, oh yes I can see it now, big bold headline “Biggest loser writes about his journey to loser land”. Seesh…

Gosh why is it so freaking hot today, it’s like seating in an oven?

I walked pass my dinner/working table, stacks of instant noodle cups threatening to collapse from the vibration of my feet thumping the floor. Self Note: must clean up later, soon ……never HAH. I pulled open my creaky balcony door, stepped out and stretched my body. The sunshine teases my eyes, forcing me to look away. That’s when I saw a movement from the corner of my eyes.

A girl and she is dancing.

My my now who do we have here? Never seen her before. Well it’s not like I know every one of my neighbors, but still, she is someone you just can’t overlook. To be honest, she stands out. I wonder where‘s she from? Is she alone, a student perhaps? How long did I miss this?

Gosh I don’t normally ogle at girls at my neighborhood, too personal…..to close to home. But there’s something about her that makes me want to stare. Come on be a good girl now and turn around…..yeah that’s it turn around. A little bit …a bit more…. Oh come on give me a break. Turn….. Turn….. Turn….. Turn…..I COMMAND YOU TO TURN AROUND!! Calm down she will turn when-.

The girl did an excellent one leg spin and stopped right in front of her balcony doorway. Laughing and talking animatedly on the phone. I just stared. She had shoulder length black hair pulled into a messy loose ponytail, big eyes and brown skin. She is so different …so foreign ….. fresh! Oh Yes! There it is my beautiful inspiration right there in front of me……. I can use her ! Look she is someone I wound never have thought about, a fresh start …new and unexpected ……Her !!!

Now that I see her, I quickly scramble back to my room, grabbed my sketching kits and ran back to the balcony, afraid of loosing her. Why? I really don’t know.

I observe her first, notice how she played with her ponytail, the way she placed her body on her balcony railing, the way she would scrunch up her face before bursting out laughing.

Yes this is what I need, I can write about a struggling lonely comic artist whose latest comic is inspired by a stranger girl. Yes I see it now, a story about a girl who had absolutely no idea, that an artist is using her to create a comic that will eventually become famous best seller. Why does this sounds familiar again? Oh who the hell cares, I just need a tiny motivation and I can kick start anything. It’s not a crime right? I mean lots of people write about random people they met, so this shouldn’t be any difference.

I watched her hang up and lazily drag her feet back in her room and slumped down on her cushy pillow by the table. She wiggled about on her pillow before grabbing a thick book, but not before scratching her left butt cheek first. I chuckled when I drew the exact replica of her action on my drawing pad.

When I looked back at the many pieces of rough sketches on the floor next to me, I notice she is not the typical prettiness my country is most familiar with. Her brown skin and facial features is different from my people. Yet she stands out to me…..just few minutes, watching her, I knew she was special. I glance back up and was disappointed when I spot the empty pillow.

Patience man ….she will come back …right?

I waited. Where is she? Come on I haven’t got the whole day ……actually I do.

I was about to stretch my body when my phone started to ring.

No way! I’m getting that now. Not while I still need a few more sketches.

But the maddening ring tone had me on my last nerve. With one final glance at her balcony, I walked back in …..Defeated by my own blasted phone…….

TBC……..

0 comments: