Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Bloody Mary part 1

Bloody Mary Part 1

It was the perfect evening for my best friend Marlene Bastion to get married. The wedding was held at an abandoned theater to save up the newly weds budget. I was there with my three year old daughter, Rosaline and my ex university mates. We were having the time of our lives catching up with the latest gossips and meeting other schoolmates. And as usual I was disturbed by my daughter, I ignored her but when she stared to yank on my new dress, I gave up and asked her what is it she wanted.
“Mommy, I wanna go pi-pi” she said in an annoying screeching voice still yanking on my midnight blue dress. I frown and told her to hold on for a while. I watched her ran off to a group off young kids to play. Maria was just about to spill the hottest gossip when Rosaline started to yank my dress again. I turn around and saw my poor daughter dancing around in frustration.
“Maria could you hold that thought, Rosaline wanna go to the ladies room, by the way does any of you know where it is?” I asked, fearing my daughter would just pee right there. Then one of my friends said that the toilet at the end of the Hall is broken and the only one available is the one on the third floor. When I turn to leave, Maria grabbed my hand,
“You don’t wanna go in there” she said suddenly, her voice so deep and dark.
“Why the hell not?” I asked as I raised my eyebrow. I watched Maria look around before she spoke in the same dark tone. “Haven’t you heard of the fearful Bloody Mary, She hunts the third floor toilet and there have been a lot of strange things going on up there”. I watched her for a minute before me and my other friends burst out laughing. Maria looked pissed and “I am serious Jean, for your daughter’s sake don’t go”.
“Get real Maria, since when do you start believing in ghost?” I said amusedly. Then I felt a hard yank and followed by an angry cry “Mummy I wanna go pi-pi Now!!”.
“I think will take the risk, I really don’t want my daughter to pee on her new dress” I said and took hold Rosaline’s hand. I walked to the end of the Hall and found a board saying “Temporarily Not Available” in red block letters. “Guess she was right” I said to myself. I gazed down and saw Rosaline making faces of discomforted. I decided to go for the haunted toilet. We walked through the lonely path to get to the staircase. There was not much light on and the ones that was on was flicking like crazy. I felt Rosaline squeeze my hand, I knew she can’t stand it anymore. We quicken our space and finally reached the staircase. I was not sure I wanted to go on, it’s not because of some ghost but because of the hollow looking stairs. There was no light and the stairs looked very steep.
“Mummy, my stomach aches” She said in a pleading voice. I took a deep breath and climbed up the stairs. I was so scared of fall over that I practically clinging on my daughters shoulder. We were just on the third step when a hoarsely voice called out.
“Hey where did ya think you are going?” I yelped and turn around. I saw an old man in a security suit looking up at us in a blood shot eyes. “Oh I was just looking for a toilet, since the toilet at the hall is under services, so I thought I could try out the one on the second floor”. I said and tried to study him more. The man frowns and shook his head. “The second is no good” He said and pointed the torch at us. “Ok what about the one on the third floor” I asked casually. The old man looked at me like I asked him if I could kill him. His blood shot eyes got wider and his mouth opened in a small O.
“Madam, I am sure you have heard about the dreadful Bloody Marry?” he asked in a shaky voice. “No I haven’t, besides I don’t believe in ghost nonsense” I said sounding stern and acted impatient. “But madam perhaps I should-“his word was cut short when Rosaline made a loud cry “MUMMY I WANNA PI-PI NOW”.
“You heard the small lady” I said in a casual voice and patted on my daughters shoulder. “Very well Madam” he said and guided us to the haunted toilet. As I walked I glanced at the man, he was nervous and unsteady. He was breathing hard and his legs were wobbly. “Can you tell me about this “Bloody Mary”. Like how this ghost came to be?” I asked in a reporter kind of way. The man shivered when he heard the name. After a deep breath he told us the story.
“This theater was once a very famous place, full house every night. But ever since that day everything changed. Once a girl name Mary came in for a late night movie with her fiancĂ©, Billy. He was cheating on her, the whole town knew about his rotten heart but Marry loved him dearly. Back then this place was small, every one know every body. Marry was a rich girl, her father own almost everything in this little town and apart of this theater. But every one knew Billy was only after her money and would do anything to get his filthy hands on them.” He took a deep breath and continued.
“That night, Marry had a huge fight with Billy. She got to know about his intention and even worse about his affair with another girl. Marry wanted to call off the wedding but Billy declined and blackmail her. He tired to hurt the poor Mary. She hid in the ladies room on the third floor and cried the whole night. But what she didn’t know was that Billy had already sent a maniac murderer to kill her before she could spread the word to her father. She was in the last cubicle when the murderer took her life”. He stopped when looked at the sign that read Third floor in capital block letters.
He cleared his voice and continued. “When the police found her body, it was in a horrible condition. She slashed, stabbed and hammered her to death. There was blood everywhere, on the wall, floor and even on the ceiling. Her eyes were gone, Madam. The murderer took out her beautiful blue eyes as a token of cruelty. I believe she died in anger and grudge over Billy. And ever since then many people complained of hearing crying noises and strong blood stench from the toilet. Since then the theater was closed from out of fear and bankruptcy”.
I didn’t realize that we have reached at the end of the third floor. Rosaline and I watched as the old man dug in his pocket for keys. His hand shook terribly as he tries to slot in the key. The keys made noises echoed loudly down the hollow walk way. He gave me one last concern look before he let the door flung open. He nodded. “I will wait for you outside Madam”. I nod in agreement and guided Rosaline into the Haunted Toilet.
The room was icy cold and not at all like what I hoped it would be. I looked around and noticed spider and rodents made their home on the ceiling. The mirror was broken and the pipes are tarnish but it was working fine. I guide Rosaline into the first cubical and went to adjust my hair. As I was adjusting I heard Rosaline called me “Mummy the zip is stuck”. I hurried in and helped her. She told me to wait in with her, so I watched her as she pee on the “sitting” toilet.
“Mummy I think the long hair lady want some tissues”. Rosaline said softly as she looked past my shoulder. I felt the hair at the back of my head stick up. I swear I didn’t hear anyone enter. But one thing for sure the temperature dropped dramatically, I almost felt like freezing to death. “Stop talking nonsense and hurry up” I scold without looking at my daughter. “But mummy she is right behind you, ewww her dress is all messy and dirty” Rosaline said in a very shaky voice. When I looked at her face it was pale as snow and I saw the panic in her eyes. I turn around quickly and found nothing but my own reflection on the chipped mirror. “Hurry honey” I said as I felt quite insecure myself. We got out of the cubicle and hurried towards the door without washing hands. When I glanced back, my eyes caught a large puddle of blood on the floor, exactly behind where I stood waiting for Rosaline. My heart was pumping like crazy, my rib cage ached. I quickly pushed my pale daughter out of the door. Before anything worse could happen.
To Be Continued…………

0 comments: