Monday, April 11, 2005

The Soothing Ghost !!

The Soothing Ghost!!!

My name is Jessica Parrish, I am married to Ethan Lear and have two beautiful girls, Cherry and Melody. Both my children are underage, Cherry is two years old and Melody is just two months. Cherry is not a very healthy child she suffers from a tiny hole in her little heart. The doctor told us that Cherry is better of living a healthy life in countryside. My family lives in New York City that is quite polluted and unhealthy, for my little Cherry. So my family decided to move to countryside to begin a healthy life. Or so we thought. My family and I moved in to River’s Creek. Kent and I loved the house like no other, it had the most wonderful view and the air is fresh and cooling. The house is facing a crystal clear lake and my house is surrounded by green woods. The neighbors are a few meters apart, so it’s a bit lonely sometimes.
My family is not really religious and we don’t believe in supernatural nonsense. Often we usually laugh or tease about things like that. But little did we know what is about to happen. My husband still travel to his office and sometimes even spends the night there despite the time and distance between our new home. So usually I would spend my time with Cherry and Melody, since I quit my job when I moved in here. I hired a maid to keep my new home running. There were sometimes Cherry would claim that she is being disturbed and observe, but of course being an adult and not religious I decline Cherry complains and punishes her when ever she spoke of it. So for the past 2 months Cherry complained and sometimes she slips into a high fever. I even brought her to the best doctor and yet there was no explanation on why she is behaving this way or about her strange illnesses.

Then one night I was in for a big shock. It was one of the nights where Ethan had to spend the night in his office. During his “stayback” I don’t really get a very goodnight sleep. That’s because I too often feel being watched and fear of buglers. I usually send Cherry to bed before I rock Melody to sleep. Cherry loved being the big sister and always wanted to be a good example for Melody. So she got use to sleeping on her own, besides having her own room gives her the trill. I usually put her to the bed and read her a story before she dozes off. That night Cherry was weak and had a slight fever. I watched her as she get in her pajamas and climb on the bed. I picked her favorite book “The Red Riding Hood”. When I finished I realized Cherry was all sweaty and pale, but then she dozes off. I kissed her on her tiny head and turn on the children’s Walkie Talkie. Cherry uses it to call for me if she has problems. After rocking Melody to sleep I put her in her crib which was next to my bed. I remember it was about two minutes to 12 when I heard noises, first I though it was just my imagination. Then it hit me, the noises was from the Walkie Talkie which I kept next to me. I could hear Cherry moaning and mumbling in her sleep. But there was other voice. Through the Walkie Talkie, I could hear what sounded like a male voice. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I felt my heart pumping like crazy, could it be kidnapers. As I got up and looked for a baseball bat, which I kept it for safety under my bed. As I was looking for it I heard another voice, this time it was a women.
The women and men both were saying something but I could not make out the words as Cherry was already crying. I hurried out of my room with the bat high above my head. I kicked opened the door and saw nobody, Cherry was now moaning slightly but looked sweatier and paler. I looked around and saw the window was shut tight, just like how I left it. I opened the closet and checked under the bed, there was nobody, thinking it was my own imagination, I left the room. I checked on both the Walkie Talkie and it was working perfectly fine. Shaken I slept off. The about 1.45am I heard the voices. Cherry was moaning in her sleep and I could hear the rustle of her blanket. Then I heard the other voices. This time I listen carefully, it sounded like both the male and female was trying to sooth Cherry to sleep. I focus hard on what is being spoken. I heard a humming and a deep male voice singing song. As I listen, I can’t help but fear for my daughter. I ran out of the room and into Cherry’s room panting and arms raised above my head. Again I found nothing but an empty room. Fearing for the worst, I carried Cherry to my room and locked my room door. That night Cherry slept calmly with me and Melody.

I didn’t know if the ghost was actually trying to sooth my daughter to sleep or disturbed her. The next day when Ethan came home, I spilled everything about the last night incident. He quickly called a security company to install security installation. We both strictly believed it must be children kidnapers fault. For 2 days either Ethan or I kept ourselves awake just to make sure. But nothing happened, but Cherry’s health when form bad to worse. I was worried sick and decided to find out. That night both Ethan and I fell asleep form a long day of work. As usual I had my Walkie Talkie turn on. Then about midnight I heard Cherry moaning loudly and trashing her arms and legs. When I woke up I saw Ethan already searching for the baseball bat. We both listen as the Women hum and the man sings softly a lullaby song. I insisted Ethan to go for it, both of us dashed out of the room and into Cherry’s, this time both of us saw them.

The women had long curly hair and old fashion sleeping dress on, where else the man had the same old fashion pants on standing by the side and looking over at my poor Cherry. When we busted in they both looked up. The man raise his arm and the table across the room flung onto Ethan. The door behind us slammed and the lights flicked and burst into tiny pieces. The man looked pissed and then grabbed his ghostly wife, and disappeared into thin air. I looked at Ethan gawking and then hurried over to Cherry who is now crying loudly. I am very sure we pissed off the ghost because once I felt someone pushed me down the attic, where I was investigating for clues about the ghostly couple. Ethan too was threaten by the ghost, he was knocked out when the ghost shook the ladder he used to fix the light. It got even worse when I got two tiny cross from a local church for my daughters. Cherry got better but often tells me that sometimes the ghost would pull on her hair, when she is asleep. Then I had enough and we moved to my sister’s house before going back to our old home.
After a month I received a letter from the church about the couple. It seems Mr. and Mrs.McBell had a little girl the exact age as Cherry. Their daughter died at the age of two from heart dieses. From the on the couple got very depressed and began to kidnap children, thinking it was Kelly their late child. Soon the couple got mad and drown themselves in the lake in front of their house. In order to search for their daughter in the after life. It was said their soul never found the “light to heaven” and haunted the house hoping someday their child would find them. They vowed to protect their child no matter what happens. When I read the letter a little picture fell out from the envelope. When I looked at the picture my heart skip a beat. In the picture was the couple. The was sitting women with a grand gown and long curly hair. Behind stood her husband in all formal looking attire and next to them was Kelly. The girl had the same curly hair, face, height, and body. It looked as if Cherry was dressed in old fashion cloth looking all happy and alive.
THE END !!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fulamak!! very good man.. a few errors here and there but didnt matter.. i dont want you to choke me again.