Friday, March 02, 2007

In the Lift Part 4 : The Hot News

Recap: Next thing I knew my high heels strap snapped and my body was loosing its balance, wearing a skirt made it worse, I didn’t have much leg space in that tight skirt to regain my balance. Then HALA LUYA!!! I fell into the murky lake water face forward. My last thought before I hit the dirty water. “This is SOOOO Not HAPPENING…..oh man is that used dipper” then splash.


Library

“Deviki I have to admit……yesterday was a disaster……” Yuwina said quitely unsure either to feel sorry,laugh or be angry. She helplessly looked at Shafinas who was looking at her with the same look.
“Geez u think……my life is RUIN!!!” I said in sarcasm. Both Yuwina and Shafinas watched as my head bobbled and slammed into the table,as if I had been drinking beer all day.
Shafinas winced. "Ooh, dat's gotta hurt."
“Nothing hurts worse then my pride…..Tell me you guys should i let my self ran over by a car or jump down from KLCC” I asked out of depressesion.
“Owh come on it can be that bad” Shafinas said a little to loud, earning a few glares from people near by.
Yuwina smiled and tilted her head to meet my red-rimmed black eyes from crying to much.
“Cheer up, look at the bright side…..ehrmm” Yuwina said as she looked at Shafinas for support.
“Yeah, I mean …um….Ah! Well think about it…..only 5 of us know about this” Shafinas said as she patted by back.
“yeah you, me,finas and the boys” Yuwina said and offered me a fresh tissue.
I lifted my head, thinking about it. “yeah you are right !” I said as I wiped my nose. “Thank god for that !”. Just as I finished saying that, I heard a voice from behind me.
“Hey Viki, Are you alright ? I heard you fell into the lake yesterday” I turned and saw Maisarah, looking like she is about to burst out laughfing. My lips trembled and my eyes begin to swell with tears before my head slamed onto the table. Again.

___________________________________________________________________
The Lake

I didn’t hear myself scream when I fell in the lake. But I did hear my name yelled by two male voices. I guess my mouth was opened when I fell in because I can still taste the copper plus sour milk like taste in my mouth. I swallowed galons of the murky water and I was choking fast. I heard another splash before I felt strong arms encircle my waist, and then everything when black.
The first thing I remember was something warm and moist on my lips then it was gone. Replaced by hands on my chest around the heart area. Then again replaced by the warm and moist texture on my lips. I snaped open my eyes. Jason had his eyes closed and his mouth clamped on mine. His lips was soft and damped. I closed my eyes, “Oh My GOSHHHHHHH!!!!” my head screamed. When I opened again, I was greeted by the startled ocean blue eyes. He quickly recoved and I felt him smile despite our mouth interlocked with each other. He then winked and pulled away. “OH MY GOD !!!”
I bolted up straight, nearly hitting my head with Dave’s in the process.
“Viki !! You Ok girl Man you gave us quite the scare” Dave exclaimed, his voice stung my ears.
“Yeah I’m fine” I coughed and smiled at Dave, who then clamed down and smiled back.
“Here take this !” Dave gave me his leather coat and put it around my soaked shoulder.
“Gosh i’m such an idiot” I thought to myself.
As if on cue Dave smiled “Hey you are the only girl that can make me laugh and scare me at the sametime. Gosh you such are clumsy gal”
“Yeah, I never had a date who fell in the lake and had to give her a KISS of life before” Jason said as he smiled knowingly at the double meaning behind it. I looked away embarrassed but was giggling inside.
They helped me up.”Gosh this had to be the worse day in my life” I mummred as I shooked my head.
“Man no offence people but both of you smell like rotten fish” Dave said as he backed away teasingly.
I glanced at Jason who was also soaked and laugfing at Dave’s remark. As we started to walk, I realised sumthing was wrong, I looked down at my feet and was surprised to find my left high heel missing.
Panicked I blurted out “Hey guys where is my other shoe” I hopped in one leg looking around for the shoe. Instead of an answer, I heard a vigorous laughter followed by a clown like snort.
Both Jason and Dave was laugfing holding their sides. Face red from laughfing hard and gasping for air. I glared at them totally humiliated.
“Maybe …maybe the fish…fish has it…it might use it…..better ….then u- you” Dave said in between laughs.
“Guys I’m serious they are brand new…..” I wobbled towards them earning another round of laughter.
“Oh Gosh this HAD to be the stupidest thing I ever did. I could’t think of Nothing ! I say NOTHING that could beat this humiliating record !! MY LIFE IS RUIN !!! I’M HISTORY!!!” I screamed mentally as I watched the boys laugh till they split a C.


“Holy cow ! that has to be the worse date in the Dating History” Mai exclaimed outside the library. We got kicked out for making so much noise. Not only Mai heard about my so called date but it seems the my whole batch knows about it.
As I was telling the story (of course leaving out about Jason and the kiss), the others showed up demanding to hear the story again. Beause the story seems to have different yet at the same time loud reaction from everyone, we eventually got kicked out by the annoyed stren looking librarian.
“Viki, I know you are the clumsy type but I never knew u could go to that extend !!” Dilah chuckled.
“Geez thanks I feel MUCH better now” I sulked as I walked beside Dilah.
“Hey Viki right” Startled i looked up at a bunch of guys waving “ Watch where you are walking ! Can’t have u drinking up the whole lake! Can we now !!” they laughed and mimicked me drowing.
“Jerks !!!” I yelled my body shaking from anger. I looked up just in time to see my cousin walking towards me. Her face clearly tells me she knows about the “Hot News”.
“Viki dude, what happened” She said looking concern although her voice seems to crack with amused edge.
“Nothing unusual” I said casually trying to pull away from her death grip.
“Did she go alone ?” My cousin asked Shafinas. When she nodded , my cousin became dramatic.
"You left her! Left this poor child defenseless...all alone!" She grabbed my head and cradled it in her hands. Tears welled in her eyes not from being sad but from being over amused. She began rocking my head back and forth, as if carrying an infant, and my eyes pleaded with the gang to stop this mess. But they only shrugged and went along with it.
“Hey look on the bright side…..U are FAMOUS now !!” Cemah said and laughed, together with the gang.


0 comments: