Sunday, February 25, 2007

In The Lift Part 3 : The Double Date

Recap : “here let me” Jason said before cupping my face with his hand. I found myself studying his features, as if realizing for the first time how handsome he was, as I felt his thumb sweep across my bottom lip to wipe away the mayonnaise. "There you go." he whispered softly as he withdrew from me. OH MY GOD DID HE JUST CUP MY FACE AND WIPED MY LIP….OH OH MYGOD I’m GONNA FAINT I CAN”T BREATH” my heart was pumping so hard that I thought it was going to jump from my throat screaming OH MY GOD I’m GONNA FAINT.
_______________________________________________________________
“No way I ’m going to faint now…..but I- WHO THE HELL IS THAT!!!!”
“Oh my god is that you Jason! ? What “Everrr” are u doin here?”
I just gawked at the blonde-high-light-pink standing beside Jason. She lean in gave Jason a small peck on his cheek and sat beside him, clinching to his hand. Jason who had just shaken himself from the shock cleared his throat and looked at me apologetically.
“Hey Jane um…this is Viki, Viki this is Jane”. Jason mumbled, his words barely penetrated Jane’s high squeaks as he talked. I glanced at her and was stunned when she gave me the high school-cheerleader- captain look.
“What the hell….. Why that dirty little …..” I forced a smile which I knew must have looked like “Willy Wonka’s” which by the way went unnoticed by the Jane. “Oh just great ….can’t my day just be with them both ….then again with two handsome guys…I’m sure girls won’t leave them alone……no US alone”. I thought as I watched Jane bragging about her successful audition for cover girl magazine.
“Hold on I thought this dinner was just among us three!” I practically jumped of the seat at that sudden firm voice behind me. I glanced up and saw Dave standing right behind me, looking straight at Jane. “Whoa how long has he been standing there?”
“Oh hi Dave, Oh come on, one more person won’t hurt, beside they say three is a crowd” Jane said in a flirty tone as she bobbed her eyebrows
“Nope I don’t think so, like I said the dinner is just among the THREE of us” Dave said as he placed both his hands on my shoulder. “Besides I can’t have our DATE here feelings that we didn’t keep our promise can we now?” Dave said as he brought his face next to mine. Our cheeks are almost touching. “Oh good heavens did he just said I was their date……oh my god our cheeks are touching…feels good….hehehheh…..OK OK VIKI FOKUS”.
“Oh I see ….ok then I will catch you guys tomorrow”. Jane said as she got up. “Maybe be next time you guys will take me out on a date”. With that she turned and swayed her hips as she walked out the bistro.
“Sorry about that…..I didn’t know what to do when SHE showed up !” Jason said as he ran his hand through his brown hair. “Its ok….And thank you my knight in shining armor” I said and grinned at Dave. “Wokay where the hell am I getting all this ….Oh god I don’t believe I just said that hehehe…..oh good he is smiling or else this might really look awkward” Dave smiled back and gentle lifted my left hand to his lips. “You are welcome my princess” and gently kissed the back of my hands. I sooo swear I saw love shapes in my eyes before my ass float out the seat, to the heavens. I quickly slapped my other hand to my mouth. Just in case any drool comes leaking out during my “love teleportation”. Both Dave and I burst into laughter. I glimpsed at Jason and thought for a moment there I saw jealousy in his eyes, before he replaced it with his best grin. “What was that…did I …naah it can’t be”.

We ate the rest of the dinner talking about all kind of things. Sometimes I think we really did have the same interest. In case you were wondering how it did not go the way it should. Well this is what happened.

After the dinner as we were walking back to the car park when Jason said “Hey why don’t we just take a brief walk at the lake” He said as he slipped his hands into his pocket. His eyes never leaving the ground. “A walk ….I dunno my assignment I mean I not yet start on it...May-“. “Awwh come one Viki, its just for awhile, what do you say huh?” Dave said as he winked at me. I glanced at Jason who had this adorable puppy look on his face.”OWAH MAN THAT IS SOO CUTE”. I screamed mentally, “Wokay but make it brief” Jason grinned and both said “YES MAAM”. Little did I know that was the biggest mistake I made that night.
“Hey don’t call me that, makes me sound old” I said as I watched both of them chuckled. “Ok….madam” Jason said and made a dash for it. “Prove you are not old then…madam…” Dave laughed and ran after Jason leaving me to steam.
“Why you …!!” I ran after them. For a moment I thought we were doing a couple scenes in Hindi movie, where the heroin chases after the hero during a love song clip.
“This is so NOT the drama…why the hell are we running around the lake like a couple of loons …then again this is not that bad….I mean just how many girls actually got a chance to chase after two handsome guys around the lake…the only things we missing is the background song ……..Maybe we should audition for a Hindi movie. Then all thee and run around with some “Kuch kuch hota hai” background music”. I laugh out loud at that thought in my head, instantly forgetting all the “Nos” Yuwina and Shafinas had lectured me. This first NO and the Most important….”Never ever run around in skirts plus high heels, especially if your are Not familiar with them!!”
Next thing I knew my high heels strap snapped and my body was loosing its balance, wearing a skirt made it worse, I didn’t have much leg space in that tight skirt to regain my balance. Then HALA LUYA!!! I fell into the murky lake water face forward. My last thought before I hit the dirty water. “This is SOOOO Not HAPPENING…..oh man is that used dipper” then splash.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha... yeah part 3.. i totally forgot the story that i had to read part 1 and 2 all over again.. :D